While WhatsApp is now the most used messaging app in the world, we are sure there are still several tricks you didn't know about the app yet. Know these 10 features to help you in a better user experience.
Facebook-owned WhatsApp Messenger has become a major part of our lives, with more than 200 million monthly active users, the WhatsApp family has thrived to become bigger and better since its launch in 2009. The application has empowered its users so much so that we almost cannot imagine our life without it. It has become synonymous to texting and sharing large media files. From sharing live location to making payments, WhatsApp is a one-stop solution for the cyber world.
Like other applications, WhatsApp too has features that are not known to many. But, once you learn the secret tricks of this messaging app we are sure, you wouldn’t stop but start using these cool tools to get the most of it. Here is the list of the secret WhatsApp tricks that you should start using now. Thank us later!
10 secret WhatsApp tricks you should know
1. WhatsApp Group calls: Go to ‘Add participant’ at the top right corner of your screen and enjoy group calls. Sounds easy right? Try WhatsApp group call next time with your group of friends.
2. Who have you talked with the most: Head to Settings > Data > Storage Usage. There you will find a list of contacts and groups in ranking order and you can see who you are messaging the most.
3. Disable Blue ticks: Tap on your account settings and select the privacy option. Now, disable the Read Receipts option and voila the person you are chatting with will not be able to check whether you have read the message or not.
4. Mute Group chats: Head to the ‘Group Info’ > Scroll down to the ‘Mute chat’ option and you can mute notifications from the particular group for eight hours, one week or a whole year. Well, now you can live in peace.
5. WhatsApp Business: Create Business Profile on WhatsApp by adding your business description, email address, business address, and website.
6. Media Visibility: Head to the contact info option and navigate to the ‘Media Visibility’ option. Tap on ‘No’ if you want to hide downloaded media from that particular chat.
7. Dismiss as group Admin: Not satisfied with the Group Admin? then officially dismiss him/her from being one. WhatsApp users can long press Admin from the ‘Group info page’ and dismiss the said user from being the admin of that group.
8. Hide Profile Picture: Can’t figure out how? Simply, navigate to Account Settings > Privacy > Profile Photo and tap on the ‘Nobody’ option and then, the profile picture will no longer be visible to your contacts.
9. Share live location: Head to the ‘Attachment menu’ and click on the Location option and share your live location for 15 minutes, 1 hour or 8 hours.
10. WhatsApp Payments: Link your Bank account and pay easily through WhatsApp. WhatsApp support payments made through ICICI Bank, State Bank of India, HDFC Bank among others.